We are excited to announce Zimbra 7 is generally available. A heartfelt thanks goes out to the many contributors, beta testers, supporters and bug filers who provided valuable feedback and guidance throughout the development cycle.
There are over 200 new features; many focused on creating even better enterprise productivity, especially around scheduling and file management, as well as significant work on extending openness and improved manageability.
- Briefcase file versioning and check in/out
- Self-restore previously deleted email / calendar data
- Scheduling wizard
- Preview schedules in email meeting invites
- Reminders server (email, sms)
- People / GAL search
- Schedule future email delivery and undo send
- Add multiple attachments at once in Compose
- View distribution list members
- Forward contacts as vCards
- Copy existing meetings
- Better performance & scalability with MySQL & Ngnix updates
- Kerberos SSO support
- oAuth support
- BES 5.0 support
- New operating systems Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, RHEL 6 / Fedora 13 (beta)
- Outlook 2010 64 bit support
Please note that also Zimbra Desktop 7 is in Beta and the Appliance will be in 7 beta soon, our goal moving forward is to keep these together as single platform releases.
Finally, some may notice we have updated the name to roll off the tongue easier – we are now shipping ZCS officially as VMware Zimbra Collaboration Server (not Suite).
The Zimbra Team