Zend Framework was awarded a “Jolt Productivity Award” at the 18th annual Dr. Dobb’s Jolt Awards, the “Oscars of the software industry.” With over 4.5 million downloads, Zend Framework has become the fastest growing PHP framework on the market. Now the award-winning open source framework has released version 1.5 which supports new services and enhancements to many existing features. Highlights include:
- Support for OpenID and Microsoft’s InfoCard – two emerging technologies behind “Identity 2.0,” a movement to simplify and fortify identity management online
- Forms – New support for forms, including Ajax usage patterns that makes building and using web-based forms much easier
- Layout and view – New layout support and view enhancements for consistent look and feel throughout PHP applications
- LDAP authentication – Now with enterprise-ready authentication using LDAP technology
- Lucene search engine – New advanced queries using wildcards, date ranges, fuzzy searches as well as Lucene index format version 2.1
- UTF-8 character sets in Adobe PDF creation – PDF support enhanced to enable non-Latin character sets such as Kanji, Cyrillic, etc.
- Google GData web services – Significant enhancements to Google Data services makes it easier to build web applications that leverage the Google application network. New support for upload and write capabilities to Google YouTube