Finally, after 3 years of continuous improvement, OpenOffice 3.0 has been released.
OpenOffice.org 3.0 is more powerful than ever before and with support for MS Access 2007 .accdb files, improved support for VBA macros, and a new ability to read MS Office Open XML files, it’s even easier to make the change away from legacy MS Office software.
OpenOffice.org 3.0 naturally has a fresh look, with a new start center, new splash screen, new icons, and a host of usability improvements. New core features include:
Writer (word processing)
- New slider control for zooming which allows multi-page display while editing
- Powerful new multilingual support
- Improved notes capabilities
- Ability to edit wiki documents for the web, in addition to conventional office documents
- Increase in capacity of up to 1024 columns per sheet
- Powerful new equation solver
- New collaboration feature for multiple users
- Ability to cope with poster-size graphics – up to three square meters or 32.3 square feet.
- Fully featured table designer inside a presentation
You can read the full press release here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/OOo/3/prweb1459364.htm
And download OpenOffice.org 3.0 for free at: http://download.openoffice.org/